1. Always Respect the Rights and Feelings of Others.
- Be Polite
- Be Mindful of your actions.
- Practice Self-Control
Having a positive digital identity can work for your advantage. The things that we post today can be an important information in the years down the line. When content that reflects you in the negative light is easily visible in search, your digital identity is at risk. Developing a positive digital identity is like answering the question, “What do you want others to see in you when they search you?”
- Delete pictures that can be seen as negative or reveal too much.
- Delete inappropriate statuses.
- Delete friends you don’t know.
- Set your privacy setting so that only friends and family can read what you posts
- eUntag yourself from inappropriate posts
- Report, unfriend and block people who send you abusive posts or messages.
5. Spread LOVE.