Here’s what expert says about writing emails. Hope you learn from it.
- Don’t use CAPITAL LETTERS – it’s the equivalent of shouting.
- Don’t send emotionally charged messages. If you wouldn’t say it to the recipients’ face, don’t send it.
- Don’t e-mail confidential material. It could end up in the wrong hands. Send a letter instead.
- Do be specific in the subject line. Your message could get deleted if it looks like spam.
- Do answer at the top, not the bottom, of an e-mail. It’s annoying having to scroll down the bottom to read a response.
- Do stick with black font, no larger than 12 points in size. This is the easiest type to read.