I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in all the earth.
Our city has experienced a calamity last January 3, 2008 where a lot of families lost their homes and their special belongings due to flood. Just last Sunday, another flood came to our city and again thousands were affected. Until now, the rain hasn’t stopped. It just goes out after a minute and then comes back. It’s a heavy rain along with strong winds that I could really hear our roof banging. Calamities like this aren’t such a good experience but I believe that there are still wonderful things to be thankful for. Here’s my thankful list for this week.
- I thank God for the rain. Rains are designed by God for fruit bearing. I heard a lot of people in our city keep on praying these days that the rain would stop because our city’s drainage system cannot hold large amounts of water. I think the rain that God has given us was not for the plants to grow but for His people to grow in moments like this.
- I thank God for the help available. Since thousands of families were affected, the President came and gave help to those who have lost their homes. On-going collection of used clothing and other stuff are done by some organizations.
- I thank God for the safety of family and relatives. I thank God that we only experienced leaking on our roof. We had relatives who were affected by the flood and I thank God for preserving their lives. You might want to see what happened to their house during the flood at Day to Day Miracles.
- I thank God for He is in control. I thank the Lord for his presence on this calamity. We may not understand His ways but I believe that the Lord is just allowing us to see the works of His hand for our City.
- Please continue to pray for us! To God Be the glory!
You may join us in thanking God today by visiting Grace Alone.